Internal sales engineer
Who we are?
Process Control Equipment Benelux, a leading stockist and supplier of valves, instrumentation and automation is looking to appoint an Internal sales engineer, preferably with experience in branch. The role will be located in our Benelux office, based in Ridderkerk, The Netherlands.
Founded in the UK in 1980, a family run business, PCE has grown organically into a European group with global reach, operating across 10 sales and stocking locations. The business has undergone considerable growth in recent years, moving into 3 new territories and expanding both internal and external teams.
About the role
As internal sales engineer you will report to the Inside Sales Manager and will work closely with both external Area Sales Managers and other internal departments managing the flow of potential opportunities and overseeing the delivery of quotes, tenders, and projects.
Due to the multilingual nature of the business, the ideal candidate will have perfect spoken and written communication skills in Dutch and above average skills in English. French would be an advantage.
- Address daily sales activities, quotations & tenders.
- Keep close contact with Area Sales Manager on pending topics and developments regarding customers, enquiries and quotes.
- Keep customer address book up to date.
- Report important happenings in CRM.
- Customer ownership and relationship enhancement.
- Taking responsibility of assigned key-customers and possible customer contracts.
- Recognizing missed opportunities and thus making recommendations of new stock positions or higher stock levels.
- Addressing customer complaints / NCR’s and making sure, together with the team, these are solved.
- Work on multiple enquiries/projects simultaneously.
- Account management to recognise where cross selling opportunities are available.
- Preferable but not essential previous experience within the process valve industry with a thorough understanding of industry standards.
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels.
- Effective time management with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Display team player skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong spoken and written Dutch and English. French and German would also be an advantage.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Experience with handling enquiries, quotations and documentation.
- Knowledge of instrumentation products would be useful.
PCE is a fast-growing business that has thrived through a global pandemic, if you would like to be part of our team submit your CV today.