Areas Sales Manager – The Netherlands (Western territory)
who we are?
Process Control Equipment is a leading stockist and distributor of valves, automation and instrumentation across the UK and Europe. A recognised company to the petrochemical, oil and gas, power, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries, with over 40 years trading experience.
about the role
We have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Areas Sales Manager to build new and grow existing business within an assigned new territory. As an Area Sales Manager you will have a strong background in field sales and be adept at managing your own time, initialising new sales opportunities, meeting customers face to face and be a confident seller. You will be responsible for the execution and achievement of sales development and financial growth within your assigned territory.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of field sales experience within process control or related industry.
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently.
- Full clean driving license
- Effectively promote the company and its products
- Research and identify new business opportunities including new customers, new markets, growth areas, trends and partnerships.
- Foster and develop relationships with prospective customers.
- Meet sales targets at agreed prices set by the Sales Director and/ or other senior managers within the business.
- Actively develop enquiries and grow sales by effectively managing an assigned territory. Create new business opportunities by application and/ or specification of the company’s products.
- Prepare regular sales forecasts within assigned territory.
- Submit regular and timely reporting of customer activity and monthly sales.
- Ensure prompt and effective follow-up of all enquiries, sales leads, and quotations.
- Liaise with internal sales teams to maximise on project sales.
- Position the company to receive tender opportunities.
- Maximise sales from all existing accounts and identify opportunities to leverage sales of complementary products.
- Develop market and customer knowledge within assigned territory. To include technical requirements, schedules, timeframe shutdowns, and turnarounds and establish opportunities for company participation.
- Attend and carry out product training to current and prospective customers.
- Monitor and report on current market activity, including competitor activity, manufacturer product development, and route to market changes.
- Assist with the ongoing identification and development of additional stock product opportunities.
- Generate new business through analysis of assigned territory to identify new customers and markets using multiple communication channels, from lead generation to close.
- Create proactive sales plans to include prospective and existing customers including initiatives focussing on lost and declining business in existing customer base.
- Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation.
- Consistently meet sales opportunities by serving as the contact source for all customer’s required information.
- Develop customer retention strategies in conjunction with evolving customer needs.
- Perform related administrative functions including quotations, order placement, delivery confirmation, processing changes, and returns, and responding to enquiries.
- Work with branch warehouse to achieve delivery performance goals, ensuring orders are fulfilled as promised, keeping customers informed of order status.
- Ability and willingness to travel around and outside of the assigned territory, with occasional overnight stays.
- Ensure that all activities and actions relevant to this position are carried out safely and with due regard to and compliance with the PCE company quality systems.